Contributors

21 July 2010

Hmmmm...Can I get a ladder to climb from 1.0 to 2.0???

This whole Web 2.0 thing has me thinking that I don't know nearly as much as I thought I knew. I mean, who would have thought that you could co-create documents, websites and resources in real time and then share them with the whole world? Who would have known that my children and my students would know how to do this before I did? Who would have imagined that cooperative learning groups wouldn't have to take place in the confines of a classroom?

I remember when I first took a class on teaching with technology in 2003; the only thing we learned to do was to create documents to send home and PowerPoint presentations to share with our students. I thought I was cool because I used clipart to create hyperlinks in my PowerPoint presentations. Wow, have times changed!!!

Now I'm taking another class in teaching with technology, and I'm having a hard time getting my mind around how to not just familiarize myself with these tools but also how to get my students on this Web 2.0 bandwagon. So, this blog is dedicated to my journey of how to integrate Web 2.0 into my Spanish classes so that my students will not only become proficient in the language but also in the tools they need for the jobs of the future.

THIS is going to be a bumpy ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are relevant to teaching and learning.