Contributors

22 August 2010

Voki

So, I went to this training on creating Vokis (your own personalized, talking character) for your website. I've now taken the time to create one and am trying to put it on my site, but it's just not working. It appears that sometimes the site doesn't provide the full html code, which seems to be the problem in my case, so all you see is a link for "Create your own Voki".


Click here to comment on this Voki.
Get a Voki now!



This could be one of the coolest applications for foreign language students because they can create, and hide behind, a cartoon character of their choice. What a great way to get students practicing with oral language.

Anyway, there are some drawbacks to the program:
1. You have to create an account in order to save your creations, else they are lost as soon as you close the website.
2. They are only created in HTML, so you can't just save it as a file.
3. The maximum length of audio is 90 seconds.

I'm going to keep playing with it, and if I can get it to work, I will post an example here. It's working!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are relevant to teaching and learning.